Thursday, June 16, 2011

My Boyfriend's Pick Of The Week

Hello again!

I am hoping that at least once a week I can paint my nails a color that my boyfriend, Frank, picks out. For this week he picked a random number and I picked the nail polish that matched it, but some weeks he would like to hand pick the color.

Week One: Orly - Lift The Veil (Valentine's Day Collection)
     Lift The Veil is a pink creme with the slightest hint of shimmer I have ever seen. You might be able to see the shimmer if you click on the pictures to enlarge them. It took four coats to get the polish almost opaque, but I still wasn't happy with the results. It was streaky at times and I can still see my nail line, which it just annoying, but it is a really pretty color. I'm thinking next time I wear it I will just put two thin coats on and wear it as a sheer, letting my natural nail line show.


I searched my collection for a dupe and came across L.A. Colors - French Nails Purple. This polish turned out to be more purple rather than pick like Lift The Veil though. L.A. Colors is on my left nail and Orly is on my right.

Overall I really like the color of Lift The Veil but the application bummed me out a little bit. What do you think of Lift The Veil?

No comments:

Post a Comment