Saturday, June 11, 2011

Everyone Loves Nerds



Hola!

I took my sister dress shopping at a local mall last night and we decided to take a look in Five Below. I am a huge fan of Five Below. Nothing is over five dollars and they actually sell name brands like Wet n' Wild, Garnier Fructis and many others. One thing I love most about Five Below is their selection of nail polishes. They have a big table full of different colors and brands. One of there most popular brand of nail polish is Funky Fingers and the best part is they are 3 for $5.00 or $2.00 a piece! You cant beat that. Anyway, I'm done confessing my love for Five Below now. While my sister and I were in there I noticed these:

Nerds scented nail polish! I was so excited I had to get it. Plus it only cost me five dollars, so how could I not get it!? This collection consists of the following .25oz "flavors:"
Wild Cherry
Strawberry
Grape
Watermelon
Wild Berry
Lemonade

I opened these suckers up as soon as I got home last night and they actually smelled pretty good! Even before they were on my nails!! Below are the swatches I did of each color.

First up we have Wild Cherry. Now I am not a fan of the smell of cherry or anything cherry flavored so for me this one didn't smell all that good. It reminded me of the smell of medicine.
The polish applied a little streaky, especially on my bigger nails since the brush was on the thinner side. I did two coats on every finger except for my pinky, which has three.

Second, we have Lemonade. This was my favorite scent of the six. It smells so fresh, just like a lemon.This polish applied the same as Wild Cherry did, streaky and sheer. Again, this is two coat on all of my fingers expect for my pinky which had three. This color was the most sheer of the six.

Next is Watermelon. This was my second favorite smell. It reminded me so much of summer! This polish applied less streaky than the others, however it was just as sheer. Again I did two coats on every nail except the pinky which has three.

Now we have Wild Berry. This one's scent was okay, I didn't really like it that much. I was expecting more of a berry smell, but this had a sour smell I was also expecting this polish to be almost opaque, but it ended up being just as sheer as Lemonade. :( It is a very pretty color though so maybe I will use it for layering. Two coats on every nail except the pinky which has three.

Now for my favorite color of the group, Grape. This picture doesn't do it justice though. The color is a lot more purple, with no blue hint to it at all. The smell was okay, not bad but not good either. This was the only polish that was opaque once I was done. In the picture you can faintly see my nail line but in person they looked great.

Lastly we have Strawberry. This one smelled really good wet and even better once it dried. This polish was sheer like the others but not as streaky. The color didn't do much for me though. It was just your average pink.

Overall I think these polishes are pretty awesome. It was my first experience with scented nail polish and I have a feeling it wont be my last. I would definitely suggest picking these up if you have a Five Below near you especially since they are only FIVE bucks!!!

Dose anyone have a favorite scented nail polish?

No comments:

Post a Comment